About Monmouthshire Mediation Practice
specialises in providing professional mediation services to individuals and to private and public sector organisations.
We are based in Monmouthshire, South Wales, where we have office premises suitable for multi-party mediations. Our mediators are also available to carry out mediations in other areas.
Mediation and our Mediators
What is Mediation?
Mediation is a form of alternative dispute resolution (ADR) - a way of resolving disputes without resorting to the courts.
Using mediation to resolve disputes has become increasingly widespread as parties and their legal advisers have come to recognise the benefits it offers and it is now firmly established as part of a range of mainstream dispute resolution techniques.
The process is quite distinct from the adversarial system associated with litigation and costs far less.
Who are our Mediators?
Both are qualified solicitors; having been involved in court-based litigation, arbitrations and tribunals, they understand well the benefits of early resolution of disputes.
This led to their decision to set up a dedicated mediation practice.
Alyson and Elizabeth are trained and accredited by ADRgroup, one of the UK's leading mediation training and referral bodies.
What disputes can be resolved by Mediation?
Breach of Contract
- Commercial disputes between organisations and within partnerships and companies
- Commercial property, including leases
- Construction and development contracts, architects' and engineers' fee disputes
- Consumer contracts - sale of goods and supply of services disputes
- Employment - contract terms, discrimination and sexual harassment issues
- Insurance contracts and claims
- Local government issues
- Landlord & tenant - leases, repairs, guarantees, deposits, evictions,and social housing
- Neighbour and boundary disputes
- Professional negligence -architects, engineers, surveyors, accountants and solicitors
- Small claims - personal debts and disputes between individuals
We have experience in disputes in all of these areas.